Re: A86: New ti calculators

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: New ti calculators

I had an HP-48GX. I tried for a while to use the rpn but, like I said, it
ended up making the process take longer and so I turned off the HP and went
back to my TI-86 or 89. RPN may save some ppl some time to do calculations
but to keep track of the stacks and how to involve them all in your equation
is sometimes a task...why bother when you can type out an equation exactly
as it is shown and get the answer in one step, esp on the 92 with pretty
print on :) I know there are programs to do that for HP but you have to
admit hands down that the TI calcs have the the easiest user interface of
all graphical calcs, plus you don't need to be an engineer to use a
calculator that gives you the power to solve engineering problems. I don't
see how ppl can say it is a less time-consuming method when it involves a
slightly smaller amount of keystrokes...plus if a problem gets too big then
it starts scrolling cuz of the stacks and can throw it off and give you and
error and then it can ruin your stacks.. I don't know about everyone but I
bet most of the ppl would rather use a calculator that you can go back and
edit anywhere in a problem that you typed in a wrong number so you don't
have to restart the whole problem over or erase the stack up until before
you made the error.