Re: Re: A86: Problems compiling

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: A86: Problems compiling

i think everyone has at least ran into a spot where the source code HAS to
be right and it might be the fault of the assembler or maybe it is just
operating system of the calculator...for instance i have ran into this a few
times:

load the x coordinate for a ball
ld a,(hl)
ld b,a
load the x coordinate for a paddle
ld a,(hl)
add a,4
cp b

and i had to totally rework the code even though i knew that how i was doing
the code was right but it was just a matter of the operations for some
reason not going through as planned...

btw this happens with high and lowlevel languages, even in visual basic
sometimes it wouldnt get this right (if x=-1 then.. and i would have to
resort to if x+1=0)

> Assembly Studio uses the same .tab file as TASM, so unless there is a bug
in
> the assembler (which I would very seriously doubt), you will get the exact
> same object code from either assembler.

Follow-Ups: References: