Re: A86: Help w/ basic input/output in 86 Assembly

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Help w/ basic input/output in 86 Assembly

In a message dated 9/30/99 11:47:21 Eastern Daylight Time,
kumba12345@yahoo.com writes:

> I'm a newbie to the ti-86 assembly programming
>  language and I'm curious as to how to make an assembly
>  program that would do a simple input/ouput routines
>  like, the User is presented with a prompt of sometype
>  to enter information, and when he presses a key, say a
>  number or letter, it displays what he types on the
>  screen.  One basic example program I'd like to convert
>  is a simple TI-BASIC program I made that asks for the
>  coordinates of two points of a line and calculates the
>  slope.

Although it is certainly possible to implement a slope program in assembly,
you're really missing the point of programming asm.  Math programs really
ought to be done in BASIC, because that's what it's designed for.  Asm is
better for graphics and such, but there's no major advantage when you're just
doing math.

----
Jonah Cohen
<ComAsYuAre@aol.com>