A86: Re: Sprites Routines that Save thee background

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Sprites Routines that Save thee background

> What are some good sprite routines that save the
> background?

Mardell's ASCR are easy to use, and Dux's probably are too (just never
tried).  However, you'll get a lot farther with map/tripple buffering, with
much less code and headaches (unless you're doing something really simple).

> I have an 8 by 8 sprite and when i move it down or up
> it leaves a trail abouv or below it.
> i tried putting a clear sprite right after it but that
> casued a lot of flickering.

Double buffering will solve flicker, but it sounds like you're trashing the
sprite that you just drew.