Re: A86: [OT] C compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: [OT] C compiler

Everything I've seen for the HP was written in asm.  The cpu on those calcs
is slower than the one on the 86 (though they can have more space).

I disagree that C is hard, but combining C and asm does get quite messy.
Ever tried to read or use source code from books like Tricks of the Game
Programming Gurus?  Half C, half 16-bit x86 assembly.  Yuck.  And the sad
part is that you could get better performance out of it compiling the
straight C under Watcom...