A86: 3d programming theory help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: 3d programming theory help

does anyone have any sites they know of where *any* type of 3d theory is
discussed or written about at all? I have made a very slackass 3d grapher in
basic (only views from overhead the first octant), just to make sure my
algorithms worked. It is not optimised at all, but i didn't take into
account rotation when i was writing this version and i have started
rewriting it with my new mindset.

I was also wondering if anyone has any ideas on which of the following
methods would be faster (and easier to write in assembly)

To calculate each of the points by multiplying each set of coords by a
transformation matrix to simulate rotation of the graph by also replotting
the coordinate axes.

or to rotate the points along their respective virtual ellipses.

----

i am more troubled with the theories surrounding the 3d programming for now.
I have not thought about the asm side of it yet, but if that turns out to be
a problem i'll just leave it in basic. Sorry if this is not the type of msg
that should be posted here, but the list seems fairly dead lately.

-  Jarrod Overson