From: <Jeanne9005@aol.com>
To: <assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 02, 1999 1:52 PM
Subject: A86: Sprites

>Three questions.
>
> 1)  What is the difference in a masked sprite and an unmasked sprite?

masked sprites have two parts - like

.db %10000001
.db %10000001
.db %10000001
.db %10000001
.db %10000001
.db %10000001
.db %10000001
.db %10000001

and then the mask.. like
.db %00000000
.db %00000000
.db %00000000
.db %00000000
.db %00000000
.db %00000000
.db %00000000
.db %00000000

> 2)  I have my sprites made, but how do I put them on the screen?

You just need a sprite routine.. there is one in DuckHunt that's XOR... Dan
Eble made one too, but i think the one in DuckHunt is smaller, of course i
could be wrong..

> 3)  How did Bill Nagel get his title screen to flow up from the bottom and
>end somewhere in the middle like that?

if I understand you right that your talking about the Mario screen, its
simply using scrolling... use the softscroll routines i ported from
ticalc.org and modify the start/stop location to allow scrolling from
midscreen.