Re: A86: [OT] Chess algorithm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: [OT] Chess algorithm

David Phillips wrote:
> I forgot about the 2600.  You sure it was 6507?  All the stuff I have says
> 6502.  Or are they object code compatible CPU's?  Do you have the cart/ROM

Yup, definitely a 6507, which is object code compatible to the 6502.
The 6507 only had 8k worth of address lines decoded, and had no
interrupts (apart from the software BRK instruction).

> for that?  I think that with a non-standard memory controller, you could put
> ram on the cart, and banked switched rom (standard cart rom for the 2600 was
> 2k).

I don't have the ROM, but I'm sure it's pretty easy to find on the web.
Standard cart ROM size was either 2K or 4K - addresses $1000-$1FFF.  You
only needed to do bank switching when you went beyond 4K.
--
Robin Harbron     macbeth@psw.nu
 http://www.tbaytel.net/macbeth