RE: A86: Re: new emulator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A86: Re: new emulator

> Haha, now I remember. TI's personal organizer (Avigo - never made
> it) is the
> one that uses a Z80. Well anyway. You do know that there has already been
> written a very optimized portable Z80 core in C, right? It is the basis of
> many emulators...
If you're talking about the one that's used by TI86Emu, then I dont think I
would like to use that - the memory access scheme would just be too slow,
and I dont need half the debugging features it has... anyway, one's own code
is so much easier to read :)

> However, since you are going on the 68k, you should definitely think about
> writing the whole thing in ASM. You said you didn't need it to be totally
> fast, but writing it in ASM is a good step toward that...

I'm probably going to rewrite the whole thing in asm eventually anyway -
it's just that debugging on the Palm / in asm isnt exactly easy. I want to
get a working core, then replace parts of it with asm as required. That way,
if any of the asm bits go wrong, I'll notice immediately, which reduces the
amount of debuging I'll have to do on the Palm...

--
|    Liyang Hu aka DenseBoy   \ /   __pikachu ICQ # 39391385   \
|     http://www.nerv.cx/      |    <denseboy@41t4v!5t4.n3t>    |
|  Everyone hates me because I'm paranoid.                      |
 \*/ /*  get my public key at http://www.nerv.cx/liyang.asc  */
    /*   decode the l33t-speak in my address to email me!   */