Re: A86: I need help...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: I need help...

whoops, you're right, I made a boo-boo...
You can only do 8-bit loads to a memory address with the a register, so
c doesn't work.  Anyway, a better, shorter piece of code that uses de to
cover both _curCol and _curRow in one swipe just got posted, so...

The A register is the Accumulator register.  It is required by many
instructions.  All 8-bit arithmetic and boolean operations use the a
register as one of the arguments.  The a register must be used for 8-bit
loads to or from a memory address.  The c register is just a
general-purpose register.