A86: Re: cas

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: cas

My first suggestion to you is to write your program first in C/C++, Pascal,
whatevr, to have a working implementation.  It's a heck of a lot easier to
fix logic bugs (meaning your thinking is screwed up versus your code) in a
high level language than in optimized assembly (no, you don't write assembly
and then optimize it).  You could even write an optimized version on C and
hand-compile it into Z80.

> sorry I know i said i'd release cas86 today but it when I compiled it
today
> i and looked at the mem using the emulator i found that my input routines
> are all messed up and i honestly don't have the motivation to go back and
> fix them after all the time i put in.  i have the graphical interface all
> programed so if for some reason you want it and my source i'll give em to
> you.

Graphical interface?  How's that?  All you need is an input prompt...

> does anyone else here who has heard about kirk meyer's ti-94 think that it
> is fesible.  I mean read through the comments section on ticalc.org and in
> "clarification" kirk basically seems to say that he plans to write a new
os.
> Haven't we had the "new os for the 86" discussion on this list several
times
> and decided that it ain't gonna work.

IMHO, Kirk Meyer will finish this if he has time.  I personally have no
doubts that he can write it.  He claims to already be done with the pretty
print.

No, he's not writing a new OS.  Your 86's OS is burned onto ROM chips.
That's not going to change.  But what he can write is a program that would
essentially replace the calc's OS, meaning you'd use his program to do math
versus using TI's.  Just like using a shell like Rascall replaces you using
the Custom/Program menu for running stuff.  Hmm, I wonder if he'll integrate
the TI-94 into his new shell...