A86: Impossible? Or maybe not... but then....

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Impossible? Or maybe not... but then....

Ok... i don't know if anyone has thought of this or anything, so here it
goes. At school, we were testing out a program on a computer, and it was
pretty good. Not as good as what could be done, but good anyway. This
program could symbolically solve almost any equation. Symbolically. That to
me sounded like some cool and wacked out programming code to get that type
of insane math answer, without the need for numbers! Imagine finding the
equation of a derivative, and not the numerical value. But knowing this is
possible on a computer, it must have been some nice coding, and not magic.
So is this possible on an 86, or any ti-calc for that matter? I know this
might be actually possible on an 89 since it has flash rom, and completely
rewriting the code is possible, but a big task. So is it really possible
given all the constraints of asm, the amount of memory to work with, and
that this is a calculator and not a computer?

Alan Wong