Re: A86: ROM decompilation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: ROM decompilation

At 05:49 PM 5/5/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I think you mean RAM.  All the customization features and the variable
>allocation table are in the RAM.  We do know a surprising amount about
>the RAM, thanks to the include file Ram86.inc (on my web site).  We also
>know everything about the innate data formats; if someone were to create
>a new variable type, it would be an incredible hack accomplished through
>[sqrt]PARSE (maybe, no one's ever gotten [sqrt]PARSE to work), not an
>unknown feature created by TI.

I don't see why it would be so hard to create a new variable type. There's
a createvar routine that takes a is the type, and hl is the size, I think.
So it would be pretty easy to create, delete, etc. If you wanted to create
functions to work with the new var type, (in normal calc mode, not from an
asm program), that we don't know how to do yet. But I don't think working
with a new var type from an asm program would be a problem...

--Joshua