Re: A86: An idea for an ASM program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: An idea for an ASM program

>I ported Dsound from the 85 to the 86. I don't quiet understand all of the
>code, but I believe that the dsound routine modulates the sound twice,
causing
>this slow down. It gave me some funny readings on the oscilloscope. It
seems
>to have two places from which to adjust the time in-between each hi cycle,
>once each cycle and once each other cycle. I'll post the source if ya want
it.

Lucky guy has an oscilloscope, I only have a frequency counter (comes with
my multimeter). But to clear your confusion, it does modulate the sound
twice. Once is for the frequency, and the other is "an attempt" to control
the volume by shutting off the power to the speakers before it has enough
time for the speaker to fully move. It isnt the programmers fault, although
he uses memory instead of registers and that slows things down some, but the
calc isnt quite fast enough to successfully simulate the volume.

-Matt