A86: Re: FindPixel

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: FindPixel

>I've improved the speed of FindPixel.  I decided to align FP_Bits on an
>8-byte boundary so that the HL=HL+A addition becomes simpler.  The
>downside is it could use up to 4 bytes more memory than the previous
>version.  Please look over it and make sure I didn't make any mistakes.

I have three questions

1.) How does that make it faster
2.) Will you ever stop optimizing! ;)

3.) Am I the only one who figured out how findpixel works line by line? It
took me many hours to do so, now I am afraid to death of your putSprite,
that will take decades to figure out. You guys need to add those
strategically placed comments once and a while  :-)

-Matt