Re: A86: DOWN+LEFT patch

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: DOWN+LEFT patch

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Kirk Meyer wrote:

> then we have to make another standard... but this raises some problems
> though: for the _alt_on, _alt_off, _alt_slink, and _alt_interrupt there
> are only 200 bytes each. where will each daisy-chained routine be stored
> in memory? secondly, this will only work with the _alt_... programs

Well, if you must try to make a standard, then I suggest making the
_alt_* routines managers of other program's routines.  Allow a program to
make a call to install it's handler in the _alt_* list and make the master
_alt_* routine iterate over the list.  Of course, this falls apart for
ill-behaved programs, but so does anything.

--------
Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)
         (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)

"Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!" -- James 3:5

Follow-Ups: References: