Re: A86: rename

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: rename

At 03:10 PM 6/4/98 -0700, you wrote:

>>>well, yes, but what if the length isn't?
>>>
>>Then you have to move the rest of the VAT, which is easy, and update
>>all pointers that could possibly point to the VAT, which isn't so easy,
>>but there's a routine in the ROM that will do it (at least, it works for
>>_delvar).
>
>which one?  why doesn't it work the way i was doing it?  is there a
>backup copy of the vat somewhere?

The routine is at $5225. I call it _ADJ_VAT_PTRS. Input is: de points to
VAT entry, bc is minus the size change. It updates _P_editSym, _TSYMPTR1,
_P_CHKDELPTR3, _P_CHKDELPTR4, _P_XOUTSYM, _P_YOUTSYM, _P_INPUTSYM, and
_P_fmtMatSym, in case you're interested. You actually might not need this
unless you're using it in an interrupt, or something. I'd think all those
pointers would be loaded when they were needed.

>>I figured out a way to resize variables, too. But there's this weird
>>problem. I can resize a variable fine. But when you try to delete it,
>>it screws up. I've looked at the VAT and var data when I resize a var
>>that's between two other variables. And they look fine. I even put programs
>>before and after the variable to be resized, and after resizing, they run
>>fine. But then delete the variable, and the calc hangs when you try to do
>>anything. Weird.
>
>yeah, it freaks out if you mess with the vat...

But I've looked at the VAT and the variable data, it looks fine. And this
is a ROM routine I'm calling to do this! It even updates things that point
to the VAT and variables. Oh, wait a minute. I think it sets the flags byte
in the VAT. That might mess up _delvar. I'll have to check it out. I'll let
you know if I get it working, it would be really cool to have a working
resize var routine...

--Joshua