Re: A86: rename

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: rename

At 11:47 PM 6/3/98 -0700, you wrote:

>On Thu, 04 Jun 1998 00:30:22 -0500 David Phillips <electrum@tfs.net>
>writes:
>>
>>Can't you just change the name in the VAT to rename, as long as the
>>length
>>is the same?
>
>well, yes, but what if the length isn't?

Then you have to move the rest of the VAT, which is easy, and update all
pointers that could possibly point to the VAT, which isn't so easy, but
there's a routine in the ROM that will do it (at least, it works for _delvar).

I figured out a way to resize variables, too. But there's this weird
problem. I can resize a variable fine. But when you try to delete it, it
screws up. I've looked at the VAT and var data when I resize a var that's
between two other variables. And they look fine. I even put programs before
and after the variable to be resized, and after resizing, they run fine.
But then delete the variable, and the calc hangs when you try to do
anything. Weird.

--Joshua

Follow-Ups: References: