Re: A86: Re: Learn ASM? Check these out!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Learn ASM? Check these out!

>>Tell that to Matthew Shepcar (author of Rascall, Raptor, etc).. I remember
>>his only
>>comment was like a smiley face or something.. Heheh
>
>Well, if that works for him.  I find asm to be so cryptic it needs
>comments.  But in other languages like C/C++ well written code kind of
>documents itself.  None of those one letter variable names!

Well asm is very cryptic.... I find myself not knowing what I am doing
unless I comment the source. It takes a long time
however. A better interrmediate solution is to comment each subroutine or
section and explain what it does, how it
does it, and whatever else is important. Sometimes commenting every line is
redudant and it takes a long time to get
things done. On my site I usually comment the difficult routines line by
line like FindPixel and PutSprite because these
are advanced routines that are hard to figure out without comments...

Later,
    Matt