Re: A86: BG v1.0 grayscale converter is out !

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 17:53 1998-06-02 -0400, you wrote:
>multiplication
>>> >

>Could you explain???
>So does it store all the lines for the level in memory like BoulderDash or
>does it randomlly generate them???

?!?! The part in Daedalus which makes the game slow is (mainly) all
mathematical calculations, especially multiplications. Instead of calculating
$36*$2B with a 8 bit multiplication routine, it would be quite much faster to
just fetch the result from a HUGE table. If the table is to support every
$xx*$xx multiplcation, it would have to have 256x256/2 entries (since a*b
= b*a), each entry taking 2 bytes. Thus 64k is needed.

>>> does anyone have the source for Daedalus?  I would like to port it for
>the 86.
>>hahaha...Andi guards that with his life.  Good luck getting it.
>Speaking of which - anyone talk to him anymore?

Every day. He (+Sam Davies +myself) are busy with Gameboy programming.

--
Real name: Jimmy Mårdell                "can't go mucking with a 'void *'"
IRC......: Yarin                                // Apple's MPW C compiler

Follow-Ups: References: