Re: A86: BG v1.0 grayscale converter is out !

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: BG v1.0 grayscale converter is out !

>?!?! The part in Daedalus which makes the game slow is (mainly) all
>mathematical calculations, especially multiplications. Instead of
>calculating
>$36*$2B with a 8 bit multiplication routine, it would be quite much
>faster to
>just fetch the result from a HUGE table. If the table is to support
>every
>$xx*$xx multiplcation, it would have to have 256x256/2 entries (since
>a*b
>= b*a), each entry taking 2 bytes. Thus 64k is needed.

Wouldn't fetching the answer in itself involve multiplication?  I'm
having trouble thinknig of how to explain this, but how would you be able
to know where to look in the table without multiplication?

Justin Bosch
justin-b@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: