Re: A86: HELP!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: HELP!

Jeanne9005@aol.com wrote:

> my program requests several things.  First, it wants me to multiply
> eax,(cs:Randnum),$015a4e35.  How do I need to change that to make it work?
> Then it wants me to loop.  What this means is that I have to dec the register
> and go back to the start of the label.  When the register is 0, then it can
> continue.  Is there a syntax I can use for that???  Last, does anyone know the

You can do it the hard way, using dec, or, if you use b as your counter,
you can use the djnz instruction which decreases and goes to the label
specified as long as b!=0.

I assume that you want some kind of a random function. There are a few
ways to get pseudo-random numbers, but you can't expect much on an 8
bit processor.

> rom calls on a PC?  I need to know what 319, and 321 do there (or their
> appropriate translations for the calculator.).  Any help is appreciated.

What in the world are you porting anyway? Generally an 8 bit CISC
processor from 1970 will have a very hard time running modern 32 bit
x86 code off of a pseudo-RISC pentium from 1995. Good luck. I'd
suggest a total rewrite myself. Even if you do port line by line
you'll still have some trouble, without a doubt.

Bryan

--
Bryan Rittmeyer
mailto:bryanr@flash.net