Re: A86: Good place for a highscore ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Good place for a highscore ?

A good way to save highscores is using this routine by Jimmy Mardell just before your program exits.  I hope this helps.

	ld hl,ProgName
	rst 20h
	rst 10h
	ex de,hl
	ld a,b
	ld de,HIGHSCORE-$D748+4
	add hl,de
	adc a,0
	ld de,HIGHSCORE
	ld b,2 ;load into b # of bytes HIGHSCORE is
RepCopy:
	push af
	push hl
	call $46c3
	ld a,(de)
	ld (hl),a
	pop hl
	pop af
	call $4637
	inc de
	djnz RepCopy

;GAME is case-sensitive name of program as recognized
;by calc, the 4 is amount of letters in name of
;program.

ProgName:
  .db $12,4,"GAME"

HIGHSCORE:
  .db 0,0
--

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998 13:14:25   Thomas Bladh wrote:

>I was wondering what would be the best place
>in memory for saving a highscore. I have it
>working at $F688 (8000 bytes into _asm_exec_ram)
>this seems to be a safe place as it will only be
>overwritten if a program larger than 8k is loaded. It is
>however far from ideal. One idea would be to create
>a string variable and store the data in it.
>
>What would be the best way of solving this problem ?
>
>/Thomas Bladh(tiberius@swipnet.se)

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com