Re: A86: Good place for a highscore ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Good place for a highscore ?

a common method is to store it inside the program variable instead of a
string.  that way you only have to find the variable when you exit.  just
allocate the space with .db and write to that offset in the var.

-josh

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998 13:14:25 +0100 "Thomas Bladh" <tiberius@swipnet.se>
writes:

>I was wondering what would be the best place
>in memory for saving a highscore. I have it
>working at $F688 (8000 bytes into _asm_exec_ram)
>this seems to be a safe place as it will only be
>overwritten if a program larger than 8k is loaded. It is
>however far from ideal. One idea would be to create
>a string variable and store the data in it.
>
>What would be the best way of solving this problem ?
>
>/Thomas Bladh(tiberius@swipnet.se)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]