Re: A86: Batt Checker

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Batt Checker

In a message dated 12/01/98 6:45:53 PM, nmasj@camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt writes:

>Jkhum98@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> straight on what the calc does to check the battery level and adapt to
>>it...? Also, how does it go about with the contrast? Is the lightness or
>>darkness of the screen just a side effect of the battery power? ...the
>>calc doesnt really know how powerful its screen is, just at what contrast
>>level (number) it is at...? =P
>
>  That's an interesting point. If the calc knows that the batterys are
>low, or, what's their 'level' (trough that BC counter?), couldn't she
>automatically adjust contrast? You can say that contrast level is a
>user preference, but, once it's set, couldn't the calc adjust it the same,
>in a 'relative basis' instead of 'absolute'?

Hmm, you didnt answer my first question if we could just ask somebody, and I
also noticed you refer to the calculator as 'she' hehe, like people do for
boats, but Anyways... =P  I was thinking that the calc has no idea at what the
_output_ of the screen is according to power, because when the calc is Reset,
it Does Not check the battery level and "tries" to set it for the user, But
puts the contrast level to a preset value, and the screen is usually light...
Hmm, and if you change the batteries to brand new ones, the screen gets Really
dark when you turn it on, because it saves the previous contrast level or
something... so then contrast level has nothing to do with the calc checking
the battery level, so, well whatever... =P
															--Jason K.