Re: A86: my new ti86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: my new ti86

>If ASM programs are written using routines found from a 'dump' of the ROM
then
>there is a
>good chance that there will be problems across ROM versions. ALL of the
>routines that I
>give addresses for are located in a 'call table' that will stay the same
across
>all versions
>of the ROM. I have over 1500 routines in that table and most likely the
ones
>that are hacked are
>located in the table. I need to know which routines are currently being
used
>outside of the table
>and I will give the address of them in the table if they exist.
>
>Later,
>Pat

Ahh! I think my theory was correct! Some time ago I compared the sizes of
the difference between each rom call which
was documented, and I realized no routine is 4 bytes long to draw a pixel
for example. So I figured that these routines
simply jumped to another routine in rom.. Hmm, probably it switched ROM
pages, then called the ROM routine,
then switched ROM pages back to the original.

Is this correct Pat?

- Cyber Optic