Re: A86: Please read this!!! New shell!!! I need help!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 12:01 PM 9/9/97 -0400, Snoops010@aol.com wrote:
>I must agree with Dan.  I mean, what's the point??!!  Even if you pause the
>program for so-called multitasking, it wouldn't really be multitasking.  The
>other programs wouldn't be running, they'd just be paused!  So you couldn't
>benefit from 'multitasking'

Sorry, but you're absolutely wrong =).  I will take it from 2 perspectives....

A) MATH - You have a program that rezquires that you have one value, but
can figure out the second value.  The second value can be used to find the
first value.  Lets call them values A and B....

You have a program that can solve A based on B.  What you want to do,
instead of repeatedly running these programs (saying, of course, you cant
program a way to do this), is to switch back and forth between the 2,
finding B, then using it to find A using the other program.

Now, this is a very basic idea, but you can sort of see what I mean.  This
is very simplified, and is fairly common - the uses of numbers are so great
that a program cannot be made to do it all.  Therefore, this would be helpful.

B) GAMES - You are in math class, but feel like playing games.  HOWEVER,
you don't want to get caught.  So, you switch between a program to find the
answers to what your teacher is discussing and the game you want to play.
As long as you don't scream out "A NEW HI SCORE!!!", you're pretty safe =)

|         Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com         |
|           "Tiocfaidh Ár Lá" / "Our Day Will Come"          |
|  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Off My Face"  |
|                   The Creative Outlet                      |
|       http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/           |

Follow-Ups: References: