Re: A86: Please read this!!! New shell!!! I need help!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Joseph Gaffney wrote:

> At 07:39 PM 9/3/97 -0400, Dan Eble wrote:
> >You have probably NOT noticed the lack of extensive programming
> >information on the 86.  Hasty action would be wasteful.
>
> Actually Dan (I almost called you Bill =P), "hasty" action would be quite
> benificial.  Isn't it easier to make some modifications to some addresses,

I was pretty imprecise there.  Experimentation is good at this stage, but
making major design decisions before we know just what's possible is a bad
idea.  For example, if there happens to be a timer hook in the OS,
greyscale programming will be quite easy.  It would be wasteful to devote
too much effort to implementing greyscale before we know if there's a
timer hook.

I'm glad we agree, James^H^H^H^H^HJoe.  ;-)

--------
Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)
         (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)