A86: Math ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Math ASM

I have a few ideas about math ASM programs.  I realize we should wait for
the official TI info.  I think TI-basic is the best for writing the majority
of math programs in but I think it would be helpful to make some parts in
Asm.  I don't think these added feature need to be added to any menu except
the Catalog. (They wouldn't be very useful outside basic programs).

one function would be to simplify square roots. cubic roots, ....  It would
give two numbers as output which would most efficiently be done as as a
complex number.  The part taken out of the root would be where the real
number is and the part still in the root would be where the imaginary number
is.  It would take two number inputs, the type of root (2 for a square, 3
for a cubic ...) and the number to be simplified.

Another function would be almost the same as the ->frac feature but output
the fraction in a way so both parts can be worked with separately. I think
the output should also be in the complex number form.

another one would be to compute the length of the integer part of a number.
I realize that there is one formula but because of the length of it it would
probably be more efficient to make a function to do this. It is:
int log abs B+1+(sign B==-1)->x

More to come later.  Suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Eli Allen
eallen@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us