Re: A86: sqrxz levels

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: sqrxz levels

MogKupo0@aol.com wrote:

> That's what I had in mind in the first place. The beginning could be a "demo
> level" where sqrxz plays automatically and perhaps says something, to show
> plot, then there's a similar thing at the end. At the very least, the message
> at the end could change, and perhaps include a message at the beginning. (It
> should be able to go several pages).

Hmm... maybe something like that. If you can create nice endings in a
world,
I bet a most level creators will spend most of the time creating the
ending :-/

> Another thought I just had, and by all means it does NOT need to be followed,
> but what if sqrxz was flipped sideways? That way the extra 2 lines at the top
> that are missing from the PC version can be seen. (BTW, I recommend that
> everyone play the PC version of Sqrxz; look in the help file to find where to
> get it). It would require revamping of lots of code, I'm sure, but it would
> be interesting... just a thought. If this idea sucks, don't get mad...

If Sqrxz was flipped sideways, scrolling would be incredible much faster
though.
The problem is, of course, that you would only be able to see 8 tiles in
horizontal
direction instead of 16... that's just not acceptable.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                "The nice thing about standards is that
mailto:mja@algonet.se         there are so many of them to choose from."