Re: A86: sqrxz levels

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: sqrxz levels

<< >
 > MogKupo0@aol.com wrote:
 > >
 > > I really don't mind the helpless part, but I think the game would be
MUCH
 > > more fun if there was custom endings, not just "CONGRATULATIONS you have
beat
 > > this world!" (sorry if I ruined it for anyone :). Perhaps even an intro
so
 > > there could be a story behind what the heck SQRXZ was trying to
accomplish?
 > > Even without these, the game is fun, but since I have noticed a lack of
 > > endings that are worth anything on any graphing calc (I spend HOW many
hours
 > > playing Penguins for that?! and that was among the better ones!) Soon as
 > > get a grasp of ASM I'm gonna make an ending so long for my first RPG
that you
 > > can be entertained an entire math class. :)
 >
 > You want to waste memory to create a nice ending!? Sure, I could put a
 > 20k animation
 > or something at the end - if someone could just draw some nice graphics.

 what would be kewl is if there was a way to make an ending on your puter
 (kinda like the level editor except with timing,etc. which would make it
 hella hard to do :/ ) and include it in the world >>

That's what I had in mind in the first place. The beginning could be a "demo
level" where sqrxz plays automatically and perhaps says something, to show
plot, then there's a similar thing at the end. At the very least, the message
at the end could change, and perhaps include a message at the beginning. (It
should be able to go several pages).

Another thought I just had, and by all means it does NOT need to be followed,
but what if sqrxz was flipped sideways? That way the extra 2 lines at the top
that are missing from the PC version can be seen. (BTW, I recommend that
everyone play the PC version of Sqrxz; look in the help file to find where to
get it). It would require revamping of lots of code, I'm sure, but it would
be interesting... just a thought. If this idea sucks, don't get mad...

KUPO