Re: A86: Re: ZShell/PhatOS Emulation on the TI-86!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Robby Gutmann wrote:

> >I haven't checked out Rascal, but I've noticed that ASE doesn't save the
> >string to memory after it's done running it, like zshell does.  This is
> >really annoying with things like Organizer, and I have several suggestions
> >for the next version:
> >
> >1) There should be something in the 86 standard that tells the shell whether
> >or not to write-back the program to the mem (this should be automatic on
> >zshell strings, or it should be done however it is done on the 85).  That
> >way, it woudn't write-back programs that have their initial data already
> >stored in the program, but it would allow for write-back.
> >
>  is this why when i play Insame Game, it doesnt save my high score?

yep. i think what it does it takes the string, copies it to a section of
unused RAM and then executes it, not sure though, but it seems this way
because of the delay before it starts, and the programs are as fast on
this calc as the 85 which would seem right because it wouldnt have to
keep on getting lines of code to execute from the string. is this right?