Re: A86: Re: Great... An 86 Emulator and no decent ROM dump progra

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Great... An 86 Emulator and no decent ROM dump program

> But as for ROM dumps hindering TI's ability to produce emulators... I'd
> have to say you're wrong there.  If you ask me, distributing ROM dumps
> doesn't stop TI from charging money for an emulator, it's people making
> *FREE* emulators that hurt them.  I mean, why buy an emulator when you
> can just get some free one?

first of all emulators wont hurt their calculator sales. lets face it
the primary reason most ppl buy calculators is for skewl and u rnt gonna
bring ur desktop or even laptop to class just to run an emulator of a
calculator. second they arent very good at emulating programs anyway
because a) the programs run way too fast on most computers and b) the
control is bad for games . the only emulators worth making really are
desktop computer emulators that run on the same input as the originals
and maybe some halfway decent emulators that can use control pads

Follow-Ups: References: