Re: A86: Re: lurking programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: lurking programs

On Sat, 30 Aug 1997, Jimmy Mårdell wrote:

> standard is a bit hard and should be made by someone who knows the 86
> very well (Dan?) and probably not before we know how the demo program works.

I'm flattered, but I don't know it _that_ well.

I agree with your other point, that we should not start any large project
before we know all the info.  It would be nice if we had the source code
to the financial and statistical plugins.  Are you listening Pat?  Is that
a possibility for the future?

I think there can be only three plugins in the Math menu--maybe four.
That limits what can be accomplished in conventional ways, but it should
be possible to make one plugin that extends what can be done, and allow
for more than three that don't show up in the menu.

We will find out when the rest of the info is released.  Until then, all
you impatient folks should find something to do, like install Linux or
learn Perl. ;)

--------
Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)
         (http://www..cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)