RE: A86: Will there be Zshell 86?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A86: Will there be Zshell 86?

ZShell does not actually execute programs on the TI-85. It is the calculator's
processor that executes them, and the ZShell program is just a library that
programs can call so they work the same on different ROM versions. It is more
accurate to say that assembly programs are running under the TI-85, rather
than they are running under ZShell.

ZShell, if ported to the TI-86, would not make it possible for TI-85 programs
to be run. Also, it is unnecessary on the TI-86 as it has built-in ASM
support.

Jeff Tyrrill
http://tyrrill-ticalc.home.ml.org/
http://ti-files.home.ml.org/