Re: A86: RS-232 Modem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: RS-232 Modem

> For all of us who built either the serial cable or the parallel cable
> for the TI-85, couldn't a program be written that would allow
> interface with an external modem from the TI-86?  (Read: has this been
> done already?)

	Yes, this has been already done. Its called rterm. It uses the
gray graphlink cable and a null modem cable to connect to a 9600 baud
modem. The TI generates ti protcal messages that the link turns into com
port messages to be used by the modem and vise versa. It works great on
bbs but I haven't tried it on any isp's yet. If you have an old modem and
the gray graphlink cable this is somthing you sould look into. You can
get rterm 0.3 from http:\\www.ticalc.org\ Verson 0.4 should be out soon.
			-Michael

Follow-Ups: References: