Re: A86: ASM Converter from 85->86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: ASM Converter from 85->86

>By the way, are you working on any programs for the 86?

Yeah.  I'm working on Asteroids.  My current problem is that when the
ship moves so that the back half of it is off the screen, the dx and dy
of the lines composing the ship get messed up. I'm using Stephanie
Jantzen's line routine, based on Bresenham's algorithm, to do this,
because it uses FindPixel for every pixel in the line, and that way I can
use my super-optimized Findpixel routine with a bit resetter at the top
to adjust the coordinates without affecting line direction. To fix the
problem, I'm going to have to move the viewable screen area to the middle
of the coordinate system so that the routine can accurately calculate the
distances. So, the screen system for the new game would go from (63, 127)
to (191, 63).  Anybody know of a better way to do this?

James Yopp
jyopp@pobox.com
"Time is the fire in which we burn."