A85: Problems with Usgard's RELOC?

[Prev][Index][Thread]

A85: Problems with Usgard's RELOC?

Has anyone else had any trouble with Usgard's RELOC "RAM" call (documented as
a ROM call, but most of the work is done in Usgard itself)?

Okay, I'm trying to create a library for Usgard...but for some reason Usgard
isn't relocating the library correctly.  For example, if I simply do:

 ld hl,&MenuName
 call RELOC

MenuName:
.db "menulib",0

...to relocate an external library named menulib, it's not relocated
correctly.  It appears that Usgard isn't reading the relocation table at all,
but rather some other data.  Also, it seems like I can only get Usgard to
"attempt" to relocate the string if it has the header bytes $00 $90 or $00
F8...does anyone know why that is, and what they mean?  Shouldn't I be able
relocate *any* string, regardless of header bytes?

Hmmm...I wonder, is there something I'm possibly doing wrong upon
compilation?  I'm compiling the library as a normal Usgard program up until
it gets to String85, in which I specify String85 to just create a regular 85
string (not an Usgard string).  Is this the correct procedure for creating a
string without any header bytes (since a library has no header bytes)?

JayEll