Re: A85: 6x6 Sprites, continued.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: 6x6 Sprites, continued.

Why aren't you using Jimmy Mardell's putsprite?  you can hard code the
size of the sprite into the routine (if you know you are only using
6X6 sprites).  anyways, it's small (approx 70 bytes i think) and fast
(jimmy timed 1000+ 6X6 sprites a second).  if you wanted a faster
routine, you could do different cases for each of the 4 possibilities
where a sprite will be placed (within a byte of video memory).  it
would be faster but at least 2X jimmy's routine in size.  in
conclusion, use PutSprite.

-mike pearce