Re: A85: At the risk of losing you...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: At the risk of losing you...

is there some reason why you can't keep the vertices stored in their
original location?  i would think that you could make a routine the
takes the address of the number of vertices followed by a list of
vertices (say in hl) and does the vector math (rotation, translation,
etc) to those points. then, for drawing the faces, i guess you would
need to convert the x,y,z coordinates into x,y coordinates that can
then be drawn with a line routine or polygon routine.  you could use a
static area of memory for x1,y1 and x2,y2 if you are using a line
routine to draw each line individually.  but if you are going to use a
polygon drawing routine, you would need to have enough space for that
polygon in memory.

-mike pearce

<snip>
>...and so on.  But the problem to be encountered here is how I manipulate the
>data accompanying the object's hierarchy.  All I would ever NEED to manipulate
>would be the .db's containing the x, y, and z coords of the object.  How do I
>go about doing this??  Do I reserve memory before the end of the VAT?  Or
>should I reserve memory at the end of my program with .db's equal to the
>number of bytes per object I need?  Am I understood?  Or not? :-D

<snip>