Re: A85: MISh v1.4

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: MISh v1.4

-> -> Richardlewis wrote:

-> -> > MISh v1.4 has been uploaded to ticalc, and is now in the archive
-> -> > is now just a purely ZShell 4.0 compatible shell.  I've removed the
-> -> > extra ROM calls that were in v1.0.  The header has several ROM
-> -> routines > in it that can be used with other shells.  I've also fixed
-> -> the > FIND_PIXEL bug from v1.0 > On a side note, this is the last
-> -> version of MISh that is likely to > appear.  I'm now working on
-> -> Summit, the shell switching shell I thought > up earlier. >
-> -> > Features: > 1. You can just use it to switch Shells. > 2. The main
-> -> menu will support execution of Rigel, Usgard, PhatOS, and > ZShell
-> -> 4.0 programs, by switching shells, and executing the programs in >
-> -> their own natural environment. > 3. You can make a fake shell that is
-> -> actually a program relocated to > $8BF9. > > ROM calls will be
-> -> supported through an external ROM patching routine > that can be run
-> -> under ANY shell. > > Any other ideas/suggestions would be
-> -> appreciated.

-> -> Maybe this has been asked before or it is a dumb question, but how
-> -> Summit compare to MShell?  (or are they the same thing?)

-> -> --
-> -> Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
-> ->    File Archives, HTML, and Support
-> ->    the ticalc.org project - http://www.ticalc.org/

-> Okay, MShell just switches shells in and out of being the current shell.
-> When it is finished, Summit will have a menu that can execute Usgard,
-> Rigel, PhatOS, ZShell, and Super Nova programs.  EVERYTHING.  MShell can
-> not do this, because it is TI-BASIC.  Summit will run programs by
-> switching to that shell, and then running it directly through routines
-> located inside it.  This may not be possible, in which case I'll have to
-> make up a mini shell library for those that can't do it.

-> Summit will also have it's own kind of program that it can run, by
-> switching it in as the current shell.

-> ROM calls will be taken care of in a library that can also be used under
-> other shells.  There will be a small 10-20 byte overhead in each program
-> to run this library.  The advantage of this is that a programmer under
-> any system can make a string file containing data on the ROM.  This
-> takes the limits off of all OS's.  No longer will a new shell need to
-> be produced to handle more ROM routines.  You can just patch it in
-> with my library.

-> I've already finished the ROM patcher library.  I'll try to get it
-> packaged today, and released.  There may be unforseen problems/bugs, so
-> it might take longer.  I might just get lazy, too.  ;-)

I've had unforseen problems.  I thought it was done, and forgot to do
some stuff, important stuff.  It was working to run it manually, but
running it as a library from other programs is not working.  Ug.