RE: A85: Shell Switching/Multiple Shells on same calc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A85: Shell Switching/Multiple Shells on same calc

Yes, but I'm making a menu that will execute programs from ANY shell.
I'm not making a shell switcher.  I already did that, but I am going to
make it so it runs the programs from other shells, on the same menu,
without making a hybrid shell.
And that little trick doesn't work with Rigel.  Sorry.  I've tried it,
and it doesn't work.  I think it might have something to do with the
length of the name of the shell string, or something, plus the custom
menu object is in a different place.

-> Hmm, this is all fascinating, but of course, it's not too dificult to
-> switch shells.  For instance, I have a Usgard 1.5 backup on my
-> calculator.  I
-> wanted to upgrade to Usgard 1.6 (don't ask: I can't give it out,
-> hehe).

-> All I need to do is transfer Usgard16.85s to my calc.  Then on the
-> calc I do 'Usgard16/->/Usgard' (/->/ is the STO key, of course), and
-> violà!  It is also possible to do this with any shell... you can even
-> upgrade ZShell to Usgard or Usgard to Rigel, anything you want.
-> (Thanks to Andi for telling me this cool trick, hehe.)