Re: A85: Re: newbster. :-P VERIFY this, advanced programmers...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

DorkReMi@aol.com wrote:

>  ld a,4
>  out (5),a
> THIS should be done only ONCE and at the VERY beginning (or initialization) of
> your program... continuing:

It seems like the RAM page stuff is where the confusion lies.  It's noted in the
function docs that PSPR_NR requires RAM page 4.  Can everything else run with page
4 active?  Must it be reset before the program ends?

Meanwhile, I just tried setting the page at the very beginning, and not resetting
it.  It's become more efficient, resetting my calc's memory without bothering to
crash. :-)

> Sprite data always (in my programs) goes at the End of a program... AFTER your
> routines and before .end . . . never in the middle. Now that I think of it, I
> don't think putting it in your code messes anything up, but it makes for an
> extremely jumbled program...

For the sake of brevity, I just included the sprite data immediately after the
routine (which at this stage is exactly the case in the unfinished source).

The reason I'm asking such a newbie question on the list is that I can't find my
answers in any documents.   Either documentation is lacking for beginners, or it's
hidden very well.  If I must learn through pain, I'll do so. :-)

JOSH.

--
JOSH. Phillips             | "You know, at certain times we all look

Josh's Homepage: http://www3.sympatico.ca/susan.phillips1/josh/

Follow-Ups: References: