Re: A85: Q: TI-85 Questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Q: TI-85 Questions

>         I'm considering building my own A/D converter for the TI-85 (a
> sort of home made CBL), and I need to know a few things. I will be using a
> low cost Instrumentation Amp and serial A/D Converter (Texas
> Instruments TLC549). This shouldn't cost much. (I'm somewhat frugal to
> say the least).

> 1. What is the maximum Baud rate of the TI-85?
> 2. How does it store user programs, are they in some sort of non-volatile
> memory or do I have to provide for my project to send the software to the
> calc at startup?
> 3. Is this project a good idea or am I wasting my time?
> 4. Has anyone done this already?

Hi,
If you are using the Graphlink to make the serial to TI protocol
convertion, then you are limited to 9600( the TLC549 had serial
output, not? ). If you use a microcontroller to do the conversion
then you can go up to ~11Kpbs. In that case a PIC with
built-in A/D converter is simpler (and cheap )to use,eg. the PIC12C671.

--
Sami Khawam
sKhawam@bigfoot.com