Re: A85: Q: TI-85 Questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Q: TI-85 Questions

> If you are using the Graphlink to make the serial to TI protocol
> convertion, then you are limited to 9600( the TLC549 had serial
> output, not? ). If you use a microcontroller to do the conversion
> then you can go up to ~11Kpbs. In that case a PIC with
> built-in A/D converter is simpler (and cheap )to use,eg. the PIC12C671.

Hi Sami:
	Thanks for the reply. 9600 is ok. I don't have the tools to do
PIC, but I can do 68HC11. It has 4 A/D 's built in so I can do
multi-channel or I can use the Atmel AT90S1200. That has a built in A/D,
too, as well as EEPROM and is cheap! The eeprom could store the program
string to be sent to the TI. That makes it a one chip solution. In fact, I
think that is the best solution. I'm glad I asked. You have saved me a lot
of trouble, and I really appreciate that! Thanks Sami!

-Kev

Follow-Ups: References: