Re: A85: VAT search

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: VAT search

> I need to search for data with a specific header, I would not know the name
> of
>  it.  I know Usgard has a VAT_SEARCH command, but I don't know how to use
it.
>  I can't interpret how the shells use it either.  I have seen source
examples,

>  but I am still confused.

Check the source to SQRXZ. It has a routine that reads for levels that is very
easy to follow, and alter. You should be able to use that to read the header
you are looking for.

As for var creation...can't you use the VAR_NEW function included in Usgard? I
used it to create a saved level in The Quest III, and it worked fine...

-------
NAME : Mikel Blanchard, of Macross Software
WEB   : http://members.xoom.com/CashOnly/Macross.html
EMAIL : cashonly@aol.com
ICQ     : 3033904 (CashOnly)