Re: A85: JUMP_() bytes

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: JUMP_() bytes

JUMP_() takes up five bytes.  Look at the header for more info.  Look at
the MISh source or tiny phat if you want to know how it works.

-> On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Phantomlogic _ wrote:
->
-> >
-> > Can someone tell me how many bytes a jp or JUMP_() instruction takes up?
-> >
-> > Thanx.
-> >
-> jp takes up 3 bytes because it stores the instruction (1 byte) and a 16
-> bit address (2 bytes)
-> jr takes 2 because it only uses an 8 bit relative address.
-> JUMP_() I think takes up more because it's a Zshell macro for a jump.  It
-> probably pushes hl and de, fixes the address in the jp instruction and
-> then pops them back.  But to find out what it does you'll have to look at
-> the zshell include file.
-> If you want to know the size of all the intructions there's a list of them
-> on ticalc.org.
->
-> -Humberto Yeverino Jr.
->
-> "Small potatos make the steak look bigger."
->
-> http://www.engr.csufresno.edu/~humberto/Home.html
-> humberto@engr.csufresno.edu
->