Re: A85: JUMP_() bytes

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: JUMP_() bytes

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Phantomlogic _ wrote:

> Can someone tell me how many bytes a jp or JUMP_() instruction takes up?
>
> Thanx.

jp takes up 3 bytes because it stores the instruction (1 byte) and a 16
bit address (2 bytes)
jr takes 2 because it only uses an 8 bit relative address.
JUMP_() I think takes up more because it's a Zshell macro for a jump.  It
probably pushes hl and de, fixes the address in the jp instruction and
then pops them back.  But to find out what it does you'll have to look at
the zshell include file.
If you want to know the size of all the intructions there's a list of them
on ticalc.org.

-Humberto Yeverino Jr.

"Small potatos make the steak look bigger."

http://www.engr.csufresno.edu/~humberto/Home.html
humberto@engr.csufresno.edu