Re: A85: Sprite Routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Sprite Routines

At 12:43 AM 4/21/98 GMT, you wrote:
>>If anyone wants the library to attempt to port the routines to the 85, I'd
>>be glad to send the most recent version to them.  There is a new Collision
>>routine which has so far been untested.  So, I have no idea if the 82 will
>>even crash or not using that routine.  Collision will detect a SOLID
>>collision between two shrunken bounding boxes of any two (they can even be
>>different sized) sprites.  However, remember it's untested and so it might
>>have a bug or two in it.
>
>speaking of collision routines, here is the one i used in solomon's
>key.  its real fast, and works with sprites (bounding boxes) of the
>same size.

However, you don't shrink the bounding boxes like my routine does and only
seems to work with sprites of size 8x8 (or smaller) without clipping.  My
routine works with clipping variables (it should anway or I'll have to add
more code), any size sprite of possibly different sized sprites being
tested (small sprite with a large sprite), and shrinks the bounding boxes
to make a more precise collision.  It may be slower, but it's universal
along with the rest of my graphics routines in the library.  If someone
needs speed and they are only going to use 8x8 sprites without clipping,
great!  Otherwise, they can write their own routine (re-inventing the
wheel...but who said that experience is bad?) or port my routine.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org