Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shells and games

>Proprietary systems will always be better than open systems. With
>proprietary systems, Apple has made it so that the hardware is always
>universal & has far less problems. With open systems, there is no one
>set the standards, and so things get corrupted too easily. In that
>sense,
>proprietary systems are better than open systems, even though there
>aren't
>as many as them.
>
>Besides that, every PC made today bends over backwards to be
>compatible
>with hardware systems invented in the late 1970s. The Mac
>architecture,
>however, went over a major overhaul in 1991 & a minor overhaul in
>1995.
>There has never been a major overhaul of PC technology - the CPUs &
>busses
>have become faster, but the hardware (with the exception of PCI) is
>more or
>less the same.
>
> :) Apple + Rhapsody or BeOS = Fine..  Apple + SystemX = RIP
>
>Rhapsody is a server only operating system. Apple probably will not
>market
>Rhapsody to end users, since there's no real reason why any end users
>would
>want to run it. The regular Mac System is fine for me, especially
>since my
>Mac can't run Rhapsody...

Oh yeah, Slot 1 is compatible with the soldered down 8088s.  MFM drives
can be plugged into any computer that is less then a decade old.
Instruction sets should be scrapped yearly to alienate those with older
machines.  The ISA bus is just a lite version of EISA.  Keyboards are
unversal across all generations.
Why can't your Mac run Rhapsody?  Bottom line: you bought your Mac
because you didn't want to know what you are talking about.

(my signature is anti MicroSnot, not anti PC)

"One world, one web, one program"
     -Microsoft Promotional Ad

"Ein volk, ein reich, ein fuhrer"
     -Adolph Hitler